Our client is an established, privately owned, multi-disciplinary consulting engineering practice, providing mechanical & electrical services to a diverse range of clients.
They provide tailored engineering solutions that deliver cost-effective and compliant schemes with a high proportion of sustainability and innovation. They work across all market sectors, all scales of projects and all procurement routes.
They are looking for a Grad / Jnr Mechanical Engineer, with up to 2 years’ experience of design in building services post qualification completion, for their London office. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively both within the business and externally. The candidate will have a strong propensity to work with others and should be well-organized, proactive, conscientious and committed.
The company has a forward-looking succession plan that provides opportunities for the right candidate to develop and progress through the business without barriers. Benefits include; agile working, contributory pension scheme, a competitive salary, plenty of fun and you will not be a number, you will mean something to us.
The candidate will work with both Senior engineers and Trainee engineers on projects whilst also being responsible for their own small projects with guidance. The position will involve the candidate in the following:
• Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
• Being involved in all stages of the projects
• Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
• Producing drawings and specifications
• Carrying out design calculations utilising both manual and computer techniques
• Monitor own design delivery for quality and in line with programme and budget
• Liaison with the other design department members to understand client’s requirements and select solutions, plant and equipment appropriately with some guidance
• Services technical design knowledge and co-ordination
• Representing our client at certain project meetings
• Sustainability understanding and implementation (LZC)
• Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
• Continued Professional Development (CPD) and continue to learn about new technologies and developments
• Sound understanding of other disciplines
Key Attributes/Person Specifications
• A Degree in Mechanical or building services engineering or HNC/HND
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
• Experience of Software design using – Microsoft suite of programmes, IES, Hevacomp, Revit
• Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
• Knowledge of HTM’s would also be of benefit but not essential.
• Membership (CIBSE, IET)
In addition to the background and experience of an Engineer; it would be beneficial if the relevant candidate could also have proven experience in the following:
• An understanding and specification of incorporating various renewable technologies.
• Working knowledge of BREEAM
• An appreciation of electrical engineering to be able to cover both disciplines at meetings
• The individual should have good communication skills