£45K - £50K + £5K Car Allowance + Benefits + Private Healthcare
Are you a creative, self-motivated, and forward-thinking Mechanical Design Engineer, looking for a challenge? Looking for a company where you can grow and where you’re offered support? Can you picture yourself working on projects ranging from F1 teams to historical landmarks? If you’re nodding along, let’s explore this opportunity!
This company has strong roots, that weave back through decades of success stories, that have created solid foundations for their future ambitions. Established in 1946 as a surveying practice, this company is proud of their heritage, built from a rich and interesting range of projects and experiences in all aspects of property and construction around the world.
Their in-house family has grown too. Many of the 1,000+ people, working in 12 locations across the UK, have built their experience with this company over the long term, providing excellent continuity for clients.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, your role will include:
· Working as the Senior Engineer in a design team and being responsible for mechanical building services design.
· Supervising and monitoring the work of others in this function.
· Advising clients on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and carbon emissions associated with our designs.
· Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project.
· Undertaking mechanical design calculations including the use of mechanical engineering software such as Hevacomp and IES.
· Producing reports, drawings and specifications to suit various RIBA design stages.
· Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
· Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
· Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
Experience and Skills Required
· Experience within a mechanical building services design role from either a consultant or contractor background.
· Having an accredited relevant degree or higher educational qualification in an applicable discipline (HNC/HND)
· To have achieved or working towards IEng or CEng status.
· Excellent communication skills and willing to work as part of a close-knit team towards a shared goal.
· Attention to detail and a strong desire to deliver high standards of client care.
What they can offer you:
· Clear progression path to Associate!
· A chance to be part of a forward-thinking, friendly company with room for growth.
· Opportunities for skill development and qualifications.
· A range of benefits, including a company car allowance, private healthcare, and life assurance.
· Perks like a cycle to work scheme, gym membership, and more.
Do you believe in the importance of learning and development, all while maintaining a friendly and supportive work-life balance?
Are you excited to grow and be a part of a company that encourages this growth?
Keen on knowing more? Please contact Cheska.