Up to £40,000 + Benefits + Pension Scheme + Bonus Scheme + WFH
Are you a junior structural engineer looking to shape your career while working
on a diverse portfolio? Are you passionate about innovation? Ready to sharpen
your engineering expertise? If this sounds like you and you’re ready to jump in,
This is an employee-owned structural and civil engineering practice with a
reputation for intelligent design and innovative, practical solutions. Established in
2007, the practice now has over 160 staff members and works with many of the
UK’s leading developers and architects.
Sustainability has always been integral to their design approach and decision
making. They believe that it’s their responsibility to reduce the amount of carbon
used in their designs – from the materials they specify and the construction
methods they recommend to how they design for the future.
Fun fact: Over the last 16 years, they have completed over 3000 projects across
As a Junior Structural Engineer, you will play a key role in supporting structural
engineering projects. You will work closely with an experienced team of
engineers and have the opportunity to learn and grow in a collaborative and
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Structural Analysis: Conduct structural analysis, design, and
calculations for commercial and residential projects.
2. AutoCAD and Structural Software: Utilise AutoCAD and structural
engineering software to create detailed drawings, plans, and models.
3. Quality Control: Ensure the quality and accuracy of project deliverables
by reviewing designs, calculations, and drawings.
4. Project Support: Assist senior engineers in project management,
including coordinating with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
5. Documentation: Maintain comprehensive project documentation and
6. Compliance: Ensure projects comply with industry standards, building
codes, and regulations.
7. Problem Solving: Collaborate with the team to address engineering
challenges and find effective solutions.
8. Professional Development: Stay updated with industry trends, best
practices, and new technologies to enhance your skills.
9. Safety: Promote and adhere to safety practices in all engineering
To excel in this role, you should possess the following personal attributes:
1. Passion for Engineering: A genuine enthusiasm for structural
engineering and a desire to learn and grow in the field.
2. Team Player: Strong collaboration and communication skills to work
effectively within a team.
3. Detail-oriented: Keen attention to detail in calculations, designs, and
4. Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze complex problems and develop
5. Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to new challenges and embrace
changes in project requirements.
6. Time Management: Efficient time management skills to handle multiple
tasks and meet project deadlines.
7. Professionalism: Maintain a high level of professionalism and ethical
conduct in all interactions.
8. Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in AutoCAD, structural design
software, and relevant engineering tools.
Oh and did we mention that this company hosts ANNUAL TRIPS? Last year’s trip
was to Valencia! Can you imagine?!
Are you ready to take the next step in your structural engineering career by
becoming a valued member of a diverse and innovative team?
Are you eager to join a dynamic work environment that not only values your
professional growth but also fosters social connections through monthly
Keen on knowing more? Please contact Andi.