Up to £65k p/a + Private Medical Insurance + WFH 2x a week
Does working LESS than 40 hours a week excite you? How would you rate your leadership skills? Do you want to receive award-winning training and develop your skills even more? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, this may be an exciting opportunity for you.
This is a high-performing engineering consultancy delivering high quality building services from seven offices across the UK. Their purpose is to be a socially responsible and ethical Partnership that is the best at everything they do. As a carbon neutral company, their operations are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Sustainability is at the heart of the business as they make stronger commitments and take action to be at the forefront of climate leadership through their work with the UK-GBC, CCCA and World Green Building Council.
They bring a whole life approach to their clients, providing advice and support with the design, planning, construction, operation and ongoing management of their property and assets, underpinned by their exemplary Integrated Management System achieving quality and consistency.
This company’s ethos is all about passing the baton to those coming through by growing and retaining the best talent (so of course, you!). They are recognised as one of the best at growing their people through training and development and one of the first businesses to be awarded the ‘We Invest in People’ IiP Platinum accreditation globally. How cool is that?!
You will be leading projects within the commercial sector so having experience within these will be ideal. You will be working closely with the Director to successfully deliver on a variety of projects. You will also have to be an effective team leader and should be able to work collaboratively with the team and other professionals on projects to ensure the best outcomes for clients.
Strong communication skills are important, as you will start to build relationships with clients going forward.
FYI: This Consultancy is emerging as a market leader within the UK, opening offices in multiple locations across the country, and have over 350 employees at present.
With a recognised, in-house training and development programme, there will be a clear path of progression to Principal Engineer and beyond.
Roles & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
· Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
· Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
· Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along
with project specifications and schedules
· Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
· Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
· Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
· Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief
· Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office
· Understand electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
· Commit to supporting strategic sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives
You should have:
· Excellent team working and inter-personal skills
· Organisational skill with attention to detail and accuracy
· Time management and ability to prioritise
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Good communication within a team and externally with other companies
· Able to present and explain the thought processes and engineering processes behind their own design work
· Logical thinker, scientific and analytical – having an engineering approach to problem solving
· Methodical and thorough
· Flexible attitude to work
· Proactive team member
· Works on own initiative but equally can lead a team
· Approachable and personable
· Commitment to maintaining high quality standards with an eye for detail
Do you have a keen interest in architecture, landmark buildings and new technologies?
Are you interested in health & fitness? Yes? No? Either way, this company offers you a gym membership!
Want to know more? Please contact Kimberly.